Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'll take the good with the not-so-good...

So last night was such a sweet night with my little Claire, except for the fact that I didn't get much sleep.  You see, I can hardly complain because she has always been such a great sleeper.  From 7 weeks old, she's been sleeping through the night consistently, and most nights and naps, she goes right to sleep in her crib with little to no fussiness.  I've always been so grateful for all of this, but there is a small part of me that wishes she would let me snuggle and rock her more often around bed time.  Last night, I got my wish.

My husband and I have made this habit of going in to check on her before we go to bed.  I usually give her a little kiss on the cheek and replace any socks that were pulled off before she fell asleep.  Well last night, she woke up just as I opened her door and she did not go back to sleep.  So, I got to snuggle her and rock her for about 30 minutes, and I loved it.  Then I went to put her down, and she was not having anything to do with that.  After a minute of trying to decide what to do, I brought her to bed with me.  Now, this isn't something I've ever done with her.  I was always too nervous to sleep with her when she was little, but she's almost 10 months old and I thought it might be the quickest way for both of us to get some rest...I also wanted some more snuggle time.  Last night was one of the sweetest times I've had with my little Claire.  She fell asleep in my arms for the first time since she was only a few months old, and even though she woke up way too early this morning, I loved our sweet time together in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment